Friday 27 June 2008

How much for your Monarch?

HRH Queen Elizabeth II costs me 66p a year, or so the Yahoo news bulletin says. I don’t know about you but I am happy to pay up my 66p. I can’t even buy a candy bar for that anymore. I would much rather have all the fun that comes with having a queen. My normal grande latte from Starbucks could buy me 2.776 monarchs of similar price. Not sure I would want to pay that much for Prince Charles, he is a little out of touch with reality but I would be more than willing to pay double for Prince William and triple for Prince Harry(what can I say I’m a sucker for carrot tops). All said and done I think the Queen is good value for money. I give the government about £5000 pounds of my money in income taxes a year and I think this is the best 66p of it they spend.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

I would happily pay up to $10/year for a good unobtrusive hereditary head of state, and up to twice that for one with a documented 1000-year line of succession. She's a bargain at twice the price.