Friday 6 June 2008

Its Friday

Well we are twenty minutes from the end of the work week(well if you are GMT) and I thought now might be a good time to reflect on my first two weeks on the job. Here it is in a nutshell.


I LOVE MY JOB

There really are no if and or buts about it. My stress level has gone down 100%. My job now is basically to smile, answer the phone and be polite. All this for £10,000 more a year than when my stress levels where through the roof, I worked shifts to include night shifts, I had to cash out, I had tons of banking to do, and my personal favorite, guest who felt that they not only a right but a personal responsibility to yell at me for multitudes of things that I had no control over. These items would range from the weather, to the fact that we where the only non branded Hilton, to the fact that the show they wanted to see was sold out. Now I deal with people who are coming in to do business with my bosses so they would never dream of yelling at that cute little receptionist.

I am also lucky enough to work with a company that has some of they best benefits for their employees and has won awards for employee benefits.

On other new Hemi spent his first day with full roam of the kitchen and the bathroom and I am glad to report that he destroyed nothing and in fact there was less insanity on a whole so for this small pleasure we are thankful.

I hope you all enjoy the weekend I know I will be.

1 comment:

Banana said...

Emma, Emma, Emma!
I have never known you have got such a talet! Keep writing honey, and I will be reading everything you write! I'm already your fun!

Banana