Wednesday 18 June 2008

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You’ve stumbled upon a temporary problem we’re having with Yahoo! Mail. Usually this problem gets resolved quickly with out you doing a thing.

This message flashed up on my screen the other day when I was trying to send an e-mail. The wording seemed a little funny.



You’ve stumbled upon a temporary problem-like I was out taking a leisurely stole in the great English country side and stumbled upon a Neolithic pagan burial site.



Usually this problem gets resolved quickly with out you doing a thing. Well that is good because if you were waiting for me to fix your problem then you might be waiting a while. All I know is I click on one icon and I get into my mail then I click compose, write my e-mail, and click send. The rest I just leave up to the magic we call the internet. I know how to do what I want and I leave the technical stuff to the men who must have been on tea break when I stumbled across the temporary problem.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

Heh heh... right, as opposed to "we're having trouble and we really need your help on this one. When can you be in Palo Alto?"

I think it is just amazing that they've been using that message for years and years and years without correcting the two-word "with out." Grammar, people!