Tuesday 25 November 2008

Monday, Monday

Yesterday was definitely Monday no doubt about it. I got to work only to realize that I had put my knickers on inside out.

At 11:30 the fire alarm in the building went off, apparently when one of the air conditioning pipes bursts spilling water all over the second floor it triggers the fire alarm. No one could go back in the building until the fire brigade came, investigated, and turned off the fire alarm. Now I am not an expert but I am pretty sure that a flood is not the same as a fire, some may even go as far as to say it was the opposite. This did not keep me any warmer as we stood outside for 45mins. My coat of course was in the coat closet on the floor above me and my mother always said it was more important to get out of the building than grab your possessions.

At 2.15 the e-mail server went out for more than two hours. This is a big deal as we book all the meeting rooms on Outlook and I needed the information for the next day’s visitor list.

At 4.36 Outlook came back online and my inbox was promptly filled with meeting room requests for the next day which had to be dealt with before I could finish the visitors list for the next day which was already half an hour late.

I managed to e-mail the visitors list with out attaching it to the e-mail. Then I attached it to the wrong e-mail.

At 5:56 I arrived at Liverpool Street train station only to find out there where huge delays on the one night a week I really need to catch a train on time for class. I managed along with about 2000 other people to shove myself onto the 6.04 train and enjoy what I can only imagine a sardine enjoys, minus the oil, plus BO.

So yes yesterday was definitely Monday.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

Would it be accurate to say you "got your knickers in a twist," then? 'cause I understand you're not supposed to do that.