Monday 23 March 2009

New Tennants at the Casa de la Yank


These little guys followed me home from Wisley Gardens yesterday. I am a sucker for succulents. I still remember when I first came to know about succulents, I was working part time at a nursery to save money to come live in England. The nursery delt mainly in herbs, I like herbs they are basically weeks and you just throw them in a pot and ignore them. I watch people spending years perfecting techniques on African Violets or Orchids and I am impressed but I know that I would just kill them. Anything that requires more than dirt and throwing water at it on an infrequent and sporadic basis should stay far far away from Casa de la Yank.


I have looked online and basically I stick my new tenants in well draining soil (soil mixed with sand) and only water them infrequently. Works for me.


So this is my pledge to my new tenants:


I Yankee in England promise to get you a nice pot with soil that has lots of sand mixed in it and to not water you very much, if you promise not to die on me.


1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

I like them! They're kinda weird looking. I like that in a plant.