Wednesday 27 May 2009

One Year On

Last night as I was pounding the pavement on my evening walk it occurred to me I had missed a milestone, yesterday was my one year anniversary at my job. What a difference a year makes. I had moved from a job that truly believed I existed to be used and abused into a job where I was made to feel welcome and my skills and hard work are appreciated. I have gone from just surviving working rotating shift that included night shifts to working basically 8-5 or 9-6 M-F. I have found the time to be concerned about the fact that I was over weight and start making changes to my lifestyle. I have refound my love of card making and scrapbooking. I have also learned that while it is a good belief that giving when you can with the hope that others will give when you need, you also need to realize that not everyone holds this belief. I have learned that it is okay to say no sometimes when it put you at a great inconvenience it is not my sole responsibility to right all the wrongs in the world. I am in such a happier place one year on.

Tomorrow I debut the first post for Yank Bakes, I am very excited in the mean time I found this video on YouTube about a week ago and Cake or Death has become the catchphrase at our house now. I had heard this sketch by Eddie Izzard a while ago and it is soooooooo true. The legos only make it funnier.

Cake or Death

1 comment:

Rebel said...

Congratulations!!! Today in class I just found myself smiling, giggling even... for no real reason other than I was happy. That *NEVER* happened at my old job. It's good to acknowledge what a big change that's been for you! =)